Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 32.

Hola chicos y chicas! I'm laid up sick on a nasty Monday... no sun, 40-degree blustery weather... so I figured what better to do than start contributing my two cents to our little blog here!?

Brian and I enjoyed some seriously delish mango margaritas (and by "Brian and I", I mean "just me, because my man don't drink no stinkin' girlie margaritas!" right?) and remembering that yummy tropical conconction, I just had a little vision of landing in San Jose and quite literally jumping up and down in excitement, I cannot wait to be in our little paradise (PS we still have room!).

We have one month from tomorrow and I feel that our biggest challenge we have between now and then (since I found the shoes I needed to buy, so there went that major life choice) is deciding what exactly we're going to do with our spare time while we're in Quepos/Manuel Antonio (I know, if everyone's worries could be this intense, right?!)

So for those of you playing the home version of our little game (which, at last count, is just Brett...), I am adding a new feature to our website: CHOOSE OUR ADVENTURES AND MEALS! I'm going to add a few here and you're going to provide your input in the finals days leading up to our trip...

The restaurant of the day is...

ESCALOFRIO
$1 gelato, wood fired pizzasx, $5 pasta. I rest my case.

The adventure of the day is...

VILLA VANILLA: RAINFOREST SPICES PLANTATION
!

"A “Spice Plantation Tour“ where we explain and identify the various aromatic spices, medicinal plants, and essential oil plants to visitors. The tour is a gentle walk through the plantation and is very sensory, with multiple stops for tasting and smelling along the way and includes our new "Flavors of the World" tasting - an assortment of gourmet spice treats and drinks prepared by our in-house pastry chef. As proponents of sustainable development we are also proud to demonstrate the cultural practices we apply on our farm which has been certified organic since 1992 and biodynamic since 2000. " (From their site)

Now, as my bathing suit may soon prove, I've not come across much food that I haven't said no to, so a tour of a plantation full of edibles sounds extremely interesting... I'm not sure Brian is convinced of this.

Remember to reserve judgement until the final vote in a few weeks because I've nerded out and have a folder full of research that I've done for our adventures and meals that puts Frommers to shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment