Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 36 or is it 35?

"Good professor what day is it??"
ok, so we are still working out the days on how long it is.
I am getting pretty excited. We fly out in 5 weeks. I am looking forward to seeing Quepos and Manuel Antonio. I am a bit nervous about the park as they only let in 600 people a day. However, when we go down it will not be in the touristy time, rather the green season. They typically don't have all day rains like we do here. Most of the time it is beautiful most of the day with rain in the evening and night. The area is in the tropical convergent zone where Pacific Coast Cyclones began to form.

The next few days are pretty exciting as tomorrow we are going to the Braves vs The Tigers, and Monday I get to go back to the Masters!! Fun times. Should help get us closer to Costa Rica.

To do (buy) lists:
Snorkel Mask
Tevas
bug spray
Sunscreen
Malaria pill (just kidding)


The airport at Liberia from last year.. Primitive to say the least

Why Drinking (Imperial, which btw, their boxes say "Please do not enjoy our beer with lime!" and of course my friends added lime the whole time down there. DOOOH!!)
and Tropical Heat don't seem to mesh well. I didn't drink more than 3 beers the rest of the trip.. 98 degree heat and dehydration don't go well together....whew! what a hangover


The rocks at Playa Langosta at about 7 A.M. Very peaceful. I really did some deep reflection while out on the beach alone.

In addition to my posting daily I am going to add the "song of the day" Appropriate for the day
"I can see clearly" as sung by Hothouse flowers of Ireland. Good tune Check it out
I Can See Clearly Now
I can see clearly now the rain has gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day
I think I can make it now the pain has gone
And all of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day
Look all around there's nothing but blue skies
Look straight ahead nothing but blue skies
I think I can make it now the pain has gone
And all of the bad feelings have disappeared
I can see clearly now the rain has gone
It's gonna be a bright, bright Sunshiny day

No comments:

Post a Comment